rooftop experience
Baine and I have lived in our present apartment since March and have thoroughly enjoyed the views of the city, water, and mountains from select places in our hilltop neighborhood. Our upstairs neighbors enjoy gorgeous views from their living rooms for about $500 more a month than we pay – being on the ground floor. We decided to skip the $500/month and just walk a block or 2 when we want to see the views.
Or as we found out last night, we could just climb (or use the elevator for which we have no excuse to use at our age and health) the 6 flights of stairs in our building to enjoy a little solitude and AMAZING views. I could not believe how gorgeous of a view it is from the secret (at least, to us) patio on our roof. It’s very sad that we’ve lived here since March and not already discovered this hidden treasure. Upon discovering it, I forced (I mean…, gently invited) Baine to enjoy a quiet dinner on our roof last night. Hopefully, it was the first of many, because it was a brilliant experience.
As usual, the pictures don’t do it justice, but here are a few…

Or as we found out last night, we could just climb (or use the elevator for which we have no excuse to use at our age and health) the 6 flights of stairs in our building to enjoy a little solitude and AMAZING views. I could not believe how gorgeous of a view it is from the secret (at least, to us) patio on our roof. It’s very sad that we’ve lived here since March and not already discovered this hidden treasure. Upon discovering it, I forced (I mean…, gently invited) Baine to enjoy a quiet dinner on our roof last night. Hopefully, it was the first of many, because it was a brilliant experience.
As usual, the pictures don’t do it justice, but here are a few…
(Mt. Ranier was much grander in person, of course)
hurray for hidden surprises :)
ReplyDeleteHoly cow!! This is gorgeous!! Wonderful pictures!
ReplyDeleteHow cool! I know you'll enjoy it time and time again.
ReplyDeletethat is incredible! i love that last pic!
ReplyDeleteIt's like something you see in a movie!
ReplyDeletei'm bitter
ReplyDelete