Sunset
I woke up feeling like crap this morning. It feels like someone rubbed sandpaper around the back of my throat, pumped a gallon or so of thick tar into my head, lodged a huge apple in between my nose and throat, and strapped me onto a bungie chord to ensure serious aches and pains in my whiplashed neck. (Ahhh, it feels good to complain sometimes.) Unfortunately, school work doesn't yield to such ills, so I've attempted to be productive today despite my body's woes.
I was working on, what felt like, the millionth hour of a research paper when Baine called me and said, "Quick, if you can spare a second, you HAVE to go to the roof and look at the sunset. It's amazing..." My phone died before he could say anything else.
I sat with my back to the living room window, tipped my head back just enough to see a pink outline on a few clouds. I sighed and had the following conversation with myself:
Laurie 1: I should probably take a study break and go see this.
Laurie 2: I've seen a million sunsets. It's not like this will be the last chance I'll ever get. Plus, I'm in the paper-writing zone right now. I shouldn't break that. I have to take advantage of it while it's here.
Laurie 1: Dude, drop the paper. Take a break. Go BREATHE the outside air and enjoy a few moments of an amazing sunset.
And so I did...



I was working on, what felt like, the millionth hour of a research paper when Baine called me and said, "Quick, if you can spare a second, you HAVE to go to the roof and look at the sunset. It's amazing..." My phone died before he could say anything else.
I sat with my back to the living room window, tipped my head back just enough to see a pink outline on a few clouds. I sighed and had the following conversation with myself:
Laurie 1: I should probably take a study break and go see this.
Laurie 2: I've seen a million sunsets. It's not like this will be the last chance I'll ever get. Plus, I'm in the paper-writing zone right now. I shouldn't break that. I have to take advantage of it while it's here.
Laurie 1: Dude, drop the paper. Take a break. Go BREATHE the outside air and enjoy a few moments of an amazing sunset.
And so I did...
maybe i'm a little tired or hormonal, but your pictures made my eyes a little misty...
ReplyDeleteglad laurie #2 won out :)
-anne
Good for you. These pictures are amazing.
ReplyDelete