Soup

My goal for this evening is to make some soup – homemade chicken noodle (with a couple of fresh veggies). I never want to return to the busy, manic craziness that has dominated most of my life. I want to nurture and water my plants, hike with my dog, laugh and cry with my friends, and make soup from scratch. I’m tired of trying to save the world.

The irony is that salvation actually exists not in mania but in the slow, quiet process of making soup.

Comments

  1. thus the process of becoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes Cosy... Thus, the process of becoming. That is exactly what I mean. :)

    By the way, the soup turned out beautifully - a perfect balance of soothing warmth and fresh summer lightness! Unfortunately, I can't really share the recipe, because I just make it up as I go along and don't measure anything. Thus, I rarely produce the same soup more than once.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts