imagination
I just wanted to share a few pictoral highlights of a beautiful and much-needed few days with Antonio.
I took these pictures at a park while thoroughly enjoying how deeply nature stimulates his little imagination. There was a playground nearby and toys accessible in his wagon that we brought. But plastic toys and play structures hold no comparison to the way that trees, leaves, sticks, rocks, and dirt sweep Antonio away into a land of deep creativity and wonder. I can remember having that feeling as a child, playing in the woods with my brother - some of my favorite childhood memories. I still have that feeling when I'm out of doors and hope to never lose contact with it. (Can't wait to get my hands in the dirt and plant a vegetable garden at our new house!)
I love the look on Antonio's face in many of these pictures and eagerly wait for him to let me in on what he's thinking, feeling, creating. One of my favorites was when he turned a small branch of leaves into a bird (the branches representing wings and the leaves being feathers) and started flying it around above his head.

All sacred moments that I don't want to forget...





A few more pictures from Debbie (Antonio's mom)...





And as Debbie says, the "best music video of all time"...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTos_TMzcVg&feature=player_embedded
I took these pictures at a park while thoroughly enjoying how deeply nature stimulates his little imagination. There was a playground nearby and toys accessible in his wagon that we brought. But plastic toys and play structures hold no comparison to the way that trees, leaves, sticks, rocks, and dirt sweep Antonio away into a land of deep creativity and wonder. I can remember having that feeling as a child, playing in the woods with my brother - some of my favorite childhood memories. I still have that feeling when I'm out of doors and hope to never lose contact with it. (Can't wait to get my hands in the dirt and plant a vegetable garden at our new house!)
I love the look on Antonio's face in many of these pictures and eagerly wait for him to let me in on what he's thinking, feeling, creating. One of my favorites was when he turned a small branch of leaves into a bird (the branches representing wings and the leaves being feathers) and started flying it around above his head.
All sacred moments that I don't want to forget...
A few more pictures from Debbie (Antonio's mom)...
And as Debbie says, the "best music video of all time"...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTos_TMzcVg&feature=player_embedded
Antonio is one lucky boy. He has had your influence to show him that the world is so much more fun to play with than toys. His parents have gained from your calm embrace of his free thinking imagination and have learned to encourage it. And it is that lesson that allows him to continue to escape into his world, to play with intensity, to look in wonder and to be him. For the first time in months our family felt normal last weekend and my heart is sad to have to have let it go again. We are Antonio's village and we are just not complete without you.
ReplyDelete