looney tunes
I just put the fourth round of gauze in my mouth which, like the 1st 3 rounds, will be full of blood in less than 30 minutes. I’ve been writing notes and delightfully gesturing orders to Baine for the past 2 hours, because the numbness in mouth and tongue extends all the way up to my eyelids and beyond my earlobes.
I had my wisdom teeth removed a couple of hours ago, am currently holding ice packs on my face to minimize the inevitable chipmunk resemblance that will soon come, have a stack of movies to watch, and am waiting for Baine to return from the store with more gauze, Aleve, soup, and ice cream. Apparently, the procedure went very well, I didn’t need stitches, and I was “very brave and calm.”
Granted, it was also a really fast procedure. I couldn’t believe how quickly it went. I actually didn’t even know they had removed the first tooth when they did; I thought they were still doing the prep work. Then she was like, “Ok, great! You’re doing so great. That one’s out. Now we’ll do the lower one, but please stop me if you feel anything, ok?” And I thought, "Crap, I don't think I'm going to get to watch the whole Friends episode that they're playing on the ceiling."
The cracking sounds as they extracted each tooth were mildly disturbing, but the worst part psychologically was when they practically had to put their knees on my chest to yank the deeply rooted lower teeth out. (Apparently, the roots of my lower 2 teeth were “very, very deep” – meaning I’m going to be hurting pretty badly once this inconvenient but glorious numbness wears off.)
It was kind of hilarious though, because I was numb, watching an episode of Friends, and pleasantly high on laughing gas. I was totally aware of everything happening, but it took everything within me to not burst out laughing as my body practically lurched each time they yanked the heck out of my teeth. I felt like a Looney Tunes character. Too bad I’m probably not going to find any of this very funny in the next couple of hours and days.
p.s. A couple of hours later, I just came in from a nap in the sun (and more icing of the face), and guess who decided to snuggle up with me?
I love my dog. He's so freakin' sweet. He particularly likes spooning, which makes me smile.
I had my wisdom teeth removed a couple of hours ago, am currently holding ice packs on my face to minimize the inevitable chipmunk resemblance that will soon come, have a stack of movies to watch, and am waiting for Baine to return from the store with more gauze, Aleve, soup, and ice cream. Apparently, the procedure went very well, I didn’t need stitches, and I was “very brave and calm.”
Granted, it was also a really fast procedure. I couldn’t believe how quickly it went. I actually didn’t even know they had removed the first tooth when they did; I thought they were still doing the prep work. Then she was like, “Ok, great! You’re doing so great. That one’s out. Now we’ll do the lower one, but please stop me if you feel anything, ok?” And I thought, "Crap, I don't think I'm going to get to watch the whole Friends episode that they're playing on the ceiling."
The cracking sounds as they extracted each tooth were mildly disturbing, but the worst part psychologically was when they practically had to put their knees on my chest to yank the deeply rooted lower teeth out. (Apparently, the roots of my lower 2 teeth were “very, very deep” – meaning I’m going to be hurting pretty badly once this inconvenient but glorious numbness wears off.)
It was kind of hilarious though, because I was numb, watching an episode of Friends, and pleasantly high on laughing gas. I was totally aware of everything happening, but it took everything within me to not burst out laughing as my body practically lurched each time they yanked the heck out of my teeth. I felt like a Looney Tunes character. Too bad I’m probably not going to find any of this very funny in the next couple of hours and days.
p.s. A couple of hours later, I just came in from a nap in the sun (and more icing of the face), and guess who decided to snuggle up with me?
Okay, first of all, did I know you were doing this? I hope you have good pain meds! It seems that you're on something good by the tone of this post! :) I hope your recovery is quick and relatively pain-free! :)
ReplyDeleteUm... no, I don't think I told you about it. I'm feeling a bit worse today than yesterday, but it's mostly an achy body and soar mouth. I have a prescription for pain meds, but I'm just doing Aleve right now. And watching a ton of movies. :)
ReplyDeletePoor thing! I had no idea you were doing this either. Hopefully it's getting better day by day. Is it? I can't believe you had them done while you were awake. That disturbs me... a LOT.
ReplyDeleteFeel better!
I didn't know either! I cringed reading about the yanking. Hope you're feeling better today.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the well wishes! I'm still a bit swollen and soar but feeling much better. I even did a bit of gardening this afternoon and am working on a paper now - meaning I'm feeling better. I think it'll be a few more days before I'm back in full force though.
ReplyDelete