go
Speaking of cherry tomato necklaces and all things connected to the magic of imagination and etherial bliss, I've told you before that I'm obsessed with the band Sigur Ros. Given my obsession, I don't know how I didn't hear about this earlier, but I found out this morning that Jonsi (lead singer of Sigur Ros) is doing a show in Seattle tonight for the release of his new independent album Go.The moment that I heard about the show this morning, my heart jumped and involuntarily started racing like I'd just taken an enormous hit of acid. Like I said, I'm obsessed.
In just a few hours, I'll enter the playful, magical, explosive, sometimes-gut-wrenching but always-hopeful world of Jonsi's music. Click and listen to Go Do and float on the freedom of these brilliant lyrics...
Go sing, too loud
Make your voice break- Sing it out
Go scream, do shout
Make an earthquake...
You wish fire would die and turn colder
You wish, your young, could see you grow older
We should always know that we can do anything
Go drum, too proud
Make your hands ache - Play it out
Go march through a crowd
Make your day break...
You wish silence released noise in tremors
You wish, I know it, surrender to summers
We should always know that we can do everything
Go do, you'll know how to
Just let yourself, fall into landslide
Go do, you'll know how to
Just let yourself, give into low tide
Go do!
Tie strings to clouds
Make your own lake - Let it flow
Throw seeds to sprout
Make your own break - Let them grow
Let them grow (Endless summers)
Let them grow (Endless summers)
(Go do endless summers)
You will survive, will never stop wonders
You and sunrise will never fall under
You will survive, will never stop wonders
You and sunrise will never fall under
We should always know that we can do everything
Go do!
best album of the year, by a longshot
ReplyDeletei need to go do...and, if and when you get Paglia's essays, lets talk or rather scream and jump and go do around to communicate our thoughts instead...might meet my needs better...
ReplyDeleteI just blogged for the first time in a very long time. Then I read these lyrics. This is amazingly ironical.
ReplyDelete