brain mush

I don’t know if it’s graduation or hormones or finally the presence of the sun, but my brain has turned to mush. This week, for example…

1. I sent an email to my sister Christy to wish her son a happy birthday. An hour later I received a response from my friend Heather (who I’d apparently sent this email to), saying, “What the heck are you talking about?”

2. I re-sent the email to my sister Christy who soon replied with, “Tyler’s birthday isn’t ‘til next week.

3. After struggling to keep the house cool during 88 degree weather, I walked into the kitchen to get some water & discovered a stovetop burner that had been on since breakfast – for 10 HOURS!

4. I bought tickets to go visit some friends in Florida & soon received a call from them saying, “What’s up with the dates of your ticket? I thought I told you we may be out of town that weekend.”

5. After taking a breastfeeding course & preparing for my postpartum doula training, I woke up 1 night & caught myself frantically digging through the pillows at the foot of my bed looking for a crying baby.

6. I left the stovetop burner on… again. Just for an hour or 2 this time.

7. I arrived for a noon appointment at 11am.

I can’t wait to see what else might happen in the next few days – hopefully nothing involving injury or a burned down house. In the meantime, I'm trying to keep a sense of humor about it. I think I need to put myself in a padded room for a week or so.

Comments

Popular Posts