blah
When one lives in Seattle and barely survives the constant, oppressively gray skies for 9+ months of the year...
We have not seen the sun once and have been rained & winded out of both attempts to go to the overcast beach that is mere steps away from our little cottage. I'm not talking about pathetic, little, Seattle, misty rain. It looks more like the apocolypse more often than not out here. And the forecast is nothing but this for the remainder of our stay.
and when one feels a little bit more crazy than usual because of a cloudier and colder than usual summer in Seattle...
and when one looks desperately forward to some reprieve from the looming cloud-induced insanity via vacation at a beach in Florida...
one is likely to go completely insane when the weather during such a trip is this:
We have not seen the sun once and have been rained & winded out of both attempts to go to the overcast beach that is mere steps away from our little cottage. I'm not talking about pathetic, little, Seattle, misty rain. It looks more like the apocolypse more often than not out here. And the forecast is nothing but this for the remainder of our stay.I was planning to abandon the internet during this part of my trip, but here I sit - mildly desperate for something to distract me from the bitter insanity that bubbles beneath the surface. Looks like Baine and I will be watching more movies today and eating more and more food to comfort and try not to feel too sorry for ourselves. Picture Golem's frustrated outbursts & you'll have a good sense of how I feel when I exclaim, "Blah!" to this annoying situation.
p.s. I think I've finally landed on the look I want for this space. I might tweak a few little things along the way, but this should be the overall format for awhile.
Oh, that stinks. I'm so sorry. I do like the new look of your blog, though.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry the weather's not what you wanted and needed on your vacation. I like the new look too, and I REALLY like the profile picture you have!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the empathy. :) It really was sad. We managed to muster up a half-way decent attitude and were able to have some fun despite the weather.
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, we arrived at the Tallahassee airport at 5:30 this morning only to encounter a 6-hour delay. I think the gods have cursed this vacation.
Glad you like the blog and the new picture. I like it too. :) I can't wait for you to see my doula website once it's done!
Hi Laurie! Just re-discovered your blog this morning! What beautiful pictures/thoughts on this grey and rainy Seattle morn...
ReplyDelete