goodbye
As I enter the career and family phase of my life, my relationship with BERUDEP and Cameroon is changing, and in less than a week, I'll leave Cameroon for the last time in possibly awhile.
My feelings around this sit like a pit in the bottom of my stomach. Despite feeling a lot of closure in and pride about my work in Cameroon in the past few weeks, I feel heavy with loss. It's strange to feel ready to say goodbye and yet heavy about it at the same time.
It's the faces that I'll miss - Simon, Enoch, Anna, Godwin, and Adeline. My heart aches with loss and yet I am grateful to have known each of them. Of course, I plan to continue my relationship with them, but it will be different now. I'm ready to say goodbye, and they are ready to continue their work without the direct support that I've provided over the past few years. Of course, there's always more work that could be done, but it's now time for me to (at least temporarily) end this work.
As I approach this ending, the heaviness that I feel in my aching body attempts to speak for me. I'm so proud of my Cameroonian friends and couldn't be happier about how they've received me, worked with me, and loved me over the past 6 years. It hurts to say goodbye.
My feelings around this sit like a pit in the bottom of my stomach. Despite feeling a lot of closure in and pride about my work in Cameroon in the past few weeks, I feel heavy with loss. It's strange to feel ready to say goodbye and yet heavy about it at the same time.
It's the faces that I'll miss - Simon, Enoch, Anna, Godwin, and Adeline. My heart aches with loss and yet I am grateful to have known each of them. Of course, I plan to continue my relationship with them, but it will be different now. I'm ready to say goodbye, and they are ready to continue their work without the direct support that I've provided over the past few years. Of course, there's always more work that could be done, but it's now time for me to (at least temporarily) end this work.
As I approach this ending, the heaviness that I feel in my aching body attempts to speak for me. I'm so proud of my Cameroonian friends and couldn't be happier about how they've received me, worked with me, and loved me over the past 6 years. It hurts to say goodbye.
Comments
Post a Comment