rainbow

Saying goodbye to my Cameroonian friends was incredibly difficult this year since I have no idea when I'll see them again. What I didn't realize was that this reality would make my transition home a bit harder than usual. I've been home for over a week, and I'm only now beginning to feel ready to tell more stories and share more about my trip this year. I don't know how much of that will come into this blogging space, much less when. For now, I want to share a photo journey of the trip.
Leaving my beloved Seattle home

After-School Program Kids




Goalie

Joshua schoolin' the kids in handball




Friends



Saying goodbye

Leaving my beloved Cameroon home

It was such a gift that this rainbow came on my last night just hours after saying goodbye to my friends in Cameroon. It felt like a reminder that something good and new will be born at the end of my pain. (Insert incredibly cheesy, anecdotal metaphor for sermon here.) Seriously, the rainbow gave me a lot of comfort. Also, it made me think about this, which made me laugh a lot by myself as I walked home to pack.

Comments

  1. Love the kids with their legs up on the wall! Haha! Also, Joshua wouldn't let them win, would he?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts