voice
I recently found a website that struck a cord in me. Stirrups & Stories is a space to "[reclaim] the OB/GYN Patient experience through imagery and words." Many of the images & stories are intense and provocative and also very real. I felt grieved and encouraged when I entered the site. My heart began to open as I listened and saw a glimpse of each woman's story.

More than anything, I felt elated by the profound beauty and power that inevitably emerge when women are given the space to actually speak. I'm grateful for the courage it took for each of these women to have done so - especially when the consequences for doing so in our culture are often great. I am changed because of their voices and their courage. I am grateful.

More than anything, I felt elated by the profound beauty and power that inevitably emerge when women are given the space to actually speak. I'm grateful for the courage it took for each of these women to have done so - especially when the consequences for doing so in our culture are often great. I am changed because of their voices and their courage. I am grateful.
Comments
Post a Comment