waiting
Seattle's 10-Day Forecast
Monday, Mar 28
Rain
44°
70% chance of rain
Tuesday, Mar 29
Showers
47°
70% chance of rain
Wednesday, Mar 30
Rain
48°
70% chance of rain
Thursday, Mar 31
Showers
46°
40% chance of rain
Friday, Apr 1
Mostly Cloudy
42°
20% chance of rain
Saturday, Apr 2
Showers
41°
40% chance of rain
Sunday, Apr 3
Showers
43°
40% chance of rain
Monday, Apr 4
Showers
45°
60% chance of rain
Tuesday, Apr 5
Showers
42°
60% chance of rain
Wednesday, Apr 6
Showers
42°
60% chance of rain
I've been through this before. Every year actually. Spring begins its tease, and I become aware of just how much darkness I've been living under for many long months. The problem is that spring is only a tease in the beginning - just enough to make me feel a little more crazy than usual. As you can see from the forecast, after teasing me with all it's glory last week, the sun will not reveal itself again anytime soon.
In response to the ecstatic energy the sun sent surging through my brain last week, I found myself (again) purchasing several summer dresses. When I arrived at the check-out counter to purchase my gorgeous, new sundresses, the cashier said, "OO-ooo (high-low tone), are you going somewhere on vacation?" Translation: "You obviously won't be wearing these in this city for at least 3 more months if not 4. So you're clearly either going on vacation or completely delusional."
I knew this already. I didn't need her to rub it in. I wanted to punch her. Instead, I just said "no" and re-entered my fantasy/delusion of sunshine & warm weather. This fantasy will carry me through this agonizing waiting period. So will the daffodils and sprouting tulips in my yard. Patience, Laurie Elaine. Patience.
Monday, Mar 28
Rain
44°
70% chance of rain
Tuesday, Mar 29
Showers
47°
70% chance of rain
Wednesday, Mar 30
Rain
48°
70% chance of rain
Thursday, Mar 31
Showers
46°
40% chance of rain
Friday, Apr 1
Mostly Cloudy
42°
20% chance of rain
Saturday, Apr 2
Showers
41°
40% chance of rain
Sunday, Apr 3
Showers
43°
40% chance of rain
Monday, Apr 4
Showers
45°
60% chance of rain
Tuesday, Apr 5
Showers
42°
60% chance of rain
Wednesday, Apr 6
Showers
42°
60% chance of rain
I've been through this before. Every year actually. Spring begins its tease, and I become aware of just how much darkness I've been living under for many long months. The problem is that spring is only a tease in the beginning - just enough to make me feel a little more crazy than usual. As you can see from the forecast, after teasing me with all it's glory last week, the sun will not reveal itself again anytime soon.
In response to the ecstatic energy the sun sent surging through my brain last week, I found myself (again) purchasing several summer dresses. When I arrived at the check-out counter to purchase my gorgeous, new sundresses, the cashier said, "OO-ooo (high-low tone), are you going somewhere on vacation?" Translation: "You obviously won't be wearing these in this city for at least 3 more months if not 4. So you're clearly either going on vacation or completely delusional."
I knew this already. I didn't need her to rub it in. I wanted to punch her. Instead, I just said "no" and re-entered my fantasy/delusion of sunshine & warm weather. This fantasy will carry me through this agonizing waiting period. So will the daffodils and sprouting tulips in my yard. Patience, Laurie Elaine. Patience.
I don't know, that forecast sounds pretty good
ReplyDeleteword verification: renal
The grass is always greener on the other side, I suppose. Oh wait. That's not right. I'm pretty sure the grass is always greener on MY side thanks to all this freaking rain.
ReplyDelete