a study in red
Fiiiiiiiiiiinally.
Oh my gosh,
I thought I was going to die this year.
I can hardly survive
a normal Seattle spring -
much less one of the city's
darkest,
wettest,
coldest
springs on record.
I swear a large piece of my soul dies every year in this city.
But today...
Ohhhhh, lovely, beautiful, there-is-hope-for-the-world-yet today.
Today, the sun is shining;
clouds are practically non-existent;
and it's warm.
Did you hear that?
WARM!!! (yes, 3 exclamation points)
Verging on the brink of insanity,
I was just contemplating yesterday the idea of
burning
every sweater and boot that I own.
If nothing else, maybe the fire would keep me warm
in the sun's indeterminate absence.
But alas, today it is warm.
Ok, I know many of you
are trying to survive your 2nd month of heat stroke,
because you live in places that are meant
to sustain human life
for more than 2-3 months/year.
I realize you may not understand
exactly why I
spontaneously and unconsciously
skipped
like a 6-yr-old
down my hallway today,
did more push-ups, sit-ups, and lunges
(in my yard)
than I ever thought was possible,
and took pictures of the new, bright red things in my life.
But that's ok.
I just want you to know how happy I am today,
because I'm bursting.
So finally... A Study in Red
From our Garden...
Oh my gosh,
I thought I was going to die this year.
I can hardly survive
a normal Seattle spring -
much less one of the city's
darkest,
wettest,
coldest
springs on record.
I swear a large piece of my soul dies every year in this city.
But today...
Ohhhhh, lovely, beautiful, there-is-hope-for-the-world-yet today.
Today, the sun is shining;
clouds are practically non-existent;
and it's warm.
Did you hear that?
WARM!!! (yes, 3 exclamation points)
Verging on the brink of insanity,
I was just contemplating yesterday the idea of
burning
every sweater and boot that I own.
If nothing else, maybe the fire would keep me warm
in the sun's indeterminate absence.
But alas, today it is warm.
Ok, I know many of you
are trying to survive your 2nd month of heat stroke,
because you live in places that are meant
to sustain human life
for more than 2-3 months/year.
I realize you may not understand
exactly why I
spontaneously and unconsciously
skipped
like a 6-yr-old
down my hallway today,
did more push-ups, sit-ups, and lunges
(in my yard)
than I ever thought was possible,
and took pictures of the new, bright red things in my life.
But that's ok.
I just want you to know how happy I am today,
because I'm bursting.
So finally... A Study in Red
From our Garden...
My New Kicks
Our New Ride
Comments
Post a Comment