the human perspective
Now that you've seen the canine perspective of our road-trip, here's the human viewpoint. In short, it was lovely.
We drove from 85 degrees and sunny directly into a cold (48 degrees), rocky, misty bay. It was horrible. I was on the brink of tears. But trying to make the most of it, I made s'mores anyway. :)


It was gorgeous in it's own freezing, melancholy, cliffy sort of way. But that's NOT why I went on vacation to OR in August. Did I mention is was freezing, and the sun was only out for about 20 minutes the next morning.



So we packed up our gear, drove out of the bay, and chased the sun. And guess where we landed!





Absolutely heaven. I wanted to spend the whole vacation here. But alas, we were committed to several other adventures on our trip. So we packed up our gear again and found this crew along the way en route to Portland.
I didn't take many pictures in Portland, but it was awesome. I didn't think I liked Portland very much actually, but I loved the couple of days that we spent there. Our hipster hotel was awesome. We also did lots of vintage shopping and partaking of yummy, handmade ice cream.


I took a lot of pictures of this part of our trip. In addition to the beauty, we entered deep, heart-wrenching nostalgia as we re-entered Montana and had grueling conversations about our ambivalence about possibly moving back some day. Oh, Montana. You uprooted my heart, planted it deep in your rich, hard soil, and continue to call it my home. I know you are my birth place, and for that, I will always love you. But I don't know yet if you are my home.





Our mountain stream by our campsite. Absolute solitude.

Butterflies were practically swarming us both days. Pure magic.

Last but not least, we landed in Missoula and spent most our time with the beloved Kurz clan (the family I nannied for when we lived in MT).






Parting is such sweet sorrow. We had such a lovely trip. And we're addicted to the loveliness. We're already starting to plan the next one.
The Oregon Coast
We drove from 85 degrees and sunny directly into a cold (48 degrees), rocky, misty bay. It was horrible. I was on the brink of tears. But trying to make the most of it, I made s'mores anyway. :)
It was gorgeous in it's own freezing, melancholy, cliffy sort of way. But that's NOT why I went on vacation to OR in August. Did I mention is was freezing, and the sun was only out for about 20 minutes the next morning.
So we packed up our gear, drove out of the bay, and chased the sun. And guess where we landed!
Absolutely heaven. I wanted to spend the whole vacation here. But alas, we were committed to several other adventures on our trip. So we packed up our gear again and found this crew along the way en route to Portland.
I didn't take many pictures in Portland, but it was awesome. I didn't think I liked Portland very much actually, but I loved the couple of days that we spent there. Our hipster hotel was awesome. We also did lots of vintage shopping and partaking of yummy, handmade ice cream.
Backpacking Blodgett Canyon in Montana's Bitteroot Valley
I took a lot of pictures of this part of our trip. In addition to the beauty, we entered deep, heart-wrenching nostalgia as we re-entered Montana and had grueling conversations about our ambivalence about possibly moving back some day. Oh, Montana. You uprooted my heart, planted it deep in your rich, hard soil, and continue to call it my home. I know you are my birth place, and for that, I will always love you. But I don't know yet if you are my home.
Last but not least, we landed in Missoula and spent most our time with the beloved Kurz clan (the family I nannied for when we lived in MT).
Comments
Post a Comment