sufjan
The first year I listened to Sufjan Stevens' Christmas albums, I was like, "this is weird." Since then, I've fallen in love with these albums and can't wait for Sufjan to guide me into the holidays every year with a perfect mix of imagination, sacred reverence, and playful humor. Here are a few of my favorites from both ends of the spectrum.
"O Come, O Come, Emmanuel"
"Get Behind Me, Santa!"
I dance like a crazy person and become giddy with sarcastic anticipation on the "C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S" chanting part. Just listen to it. Tell me you don't get excited too in the midst of the brilliant weirdness. :)
I know what you're doing to me, boy
You move so fast like a psychopathic color TV
With your Christmas bag and your jolly face
And the reindeer stomping all over the place
Take it easy, what you got to be so absurd?
You make it sound like Christmas is a four-letter word
Its a fact of life whether you like or not
So put your hands together and give it a shot
I hope that you take it to heart, boy
It's Christmas time, ain't no clowning around
And if you think you got something to prove, boy
Santa Claus is coming to town
I don't care about family and shopping malls
Candy canes or the carolers decking the halls
I don't care about what you say, Santa Claus
You're a bad brother breaking into people's garage
Jeez!
You got it wrong
Because I'm just another regular guy
Super powers and a penchant for the Yuletime
Is it a crime to give a little once in a while?
I travel around the world trying to make people smile
I know that you take it too hard, boy
It's Christmas time, ain't no clowning around
And if you think you got something to prove, boy
Santa Claus is coming to town
C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S
Christmastime, Christmastime
Christmastime
Magic of Christmas
Christmas, Christmastime
Christmastime
Have a good time!
"Oh Holy Night"
This one makes my heart explode with joy. Hear it. Receive it. Be free. :)
"O Come, O Come, Emmanuel"
"Get Behind Me, Santa!"
I dance like a crazy person and become giddy with sarcastic anticipation on the "C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S" chanting part. Just listen to it. Tell me you don't get excited too in the midst of the brilliant weirdness. :)
I know what you're doing to me, boy
You move so fast like a psychopathic color TV
With your Christmas bag and your jolly face
And the reindeer stomping all over the place
Take it easy, what you got to be so absurd?
You make it sound like Christmas is a four-letter word
Its a fact of life whether you like or not
So put your hands together and give it a shot
I hope that you take it to heart, boy
It's Christmas time, ain't no clowning around
And if you think you got something to prove, boy
Santa Claus is coming to town
I don't care about family and shopping malls
Candy canes or the carolers decking the halls
I don't care about what you say, Santa Claus
You're a bad brother breaking into people's garage
Jeez!
You got it wrong
Because I'm just another regular guy
Super powers and a penchant for the Yuletime
Is it a crime to give a little once in a while?
I travel around the world trying to make people smile
I know that you take it too hard, boy
It's Christmas time, ain't no clowning around
And if you think you got something to prove, boy
Santa Claus is coming to town
C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S
Christmastime, Christmastime
Christmastime
Magic of Christmas
Christmas, Christmastime
Christmastime
Have a good time!
"Oh Holy Night"
This one makes my heart explode with joy. Hear it. Receive it. Be free. :)
oh, i can listen to this non stop from thanksgiving into mid january. love.
ReplyDelete