body orthodoxy
“There is nothing in all the world more beautiful or significant of the laws of the universe than the human body. In fact it is not only among the artists but among all people that a greater appreciation and respect for the human body should develop. When we respect the body we will no longer have any shame about it.” -Robert Henri, The Art Spirit
In collaboration with many other talented artists, I will have my first public debut as an artist in less than a week. My medium? Knitting. More specifically, I have knitted body parts which you'll be encouraged to touch & explore. :) Yep. You heard me. It has been quite a humorous & healing process for me to do this, and I look forward to sharing more about it with you soon.
Meanwhile, if you are in the area, I promise it will be well worth your time to come check out the exhibit that I'll be sharing with many other artists who are using various mediums to communicate about and connect with the human body. "The intent of the exhibit is to open up your senses, bring thoughtful attention to your body, and offer you a renewed sense of reverence and hope for the body."
As described on the above flier, the exhibit will be open for 4 nights. There will be a special performance on the final night for which you can purchase tickets in advance or at the door. You can find more info & the latest updates here. I look forward to seeing you there!
In collaboration with many other talented artists, I will have my first public debut as an artist in less than a week. My medium? Knitting. More specifically, I have knitted body parts which you'll be encouraged to touch & explore. :) Yep. You heard me. It has been quite a humorous & healing process for me to do this, and I look forward to sharing more about it with you soon.
Meanwhile, if you are in the area, I promise it will be well worth your time to come check out the exhibit that I'll be sharing with many other artists who are using various mediums to communicate about and connect with the human body. "The intent of the exhibit is to open up your senses, bring thoughtful attention to your body, and offer you a renewed sense of reverence and hope for the body."
As described on the above flier, the exhibit will be open for 4 nights. There will be a special performance on the final night for which you can purchase tickets in advance or at the door. You can find more info & the latest updates here. I look forward to seeing you there!

Very cool! One of my old college roommates, Heather, is one of the other artists. Small world.
ReplyDelete