sloooowing down - or trying anyway
As you know and are likely tired of hearing about, I have been trying for more than 10 years to slow down. Sometimes, I succeed at doing this. Sometimes I don't. There are some seasons of life that allow more slowness than others. I have found myself in yet another far too busy season of my life. I have every intention of slowing things down, but it always seems to be a gradual process - shedding 1 manic, grandiose, compulsive, can't-let-go layer at a time. I might bleed to death if I try to strip all the layers at once. I suppose it makes sense that achieving a truly slow pace requires a slow transition in getting there.
One of the little steps in the slowing direction happened last weekend. It meant seizing the rare off-call moment for a weekend getaway with Baine & Pal. Alas, we made this cabin on an equestrian farm our home last weekend, and it was wonderful.







Special or not, it was fun. And a good step toward slowing things down. Baby steps.
One of the little steps in the slowing direction happened last weekend. It meant seizing the rare off-call moment for a weekend getaway with Baine & Pal. Alas, we made this cabin on an equestrian farm our home last weekend, and it was wonderful.
Flowers in every room. Love.
Cookies, of course. I'm never too busy to bake these.
Agility Training
We look like a special Olympics team in this sequence.
What a beautiful retreat! I wish you luck in the slowing down!
ReplyDelete