vintage fabric songbirds & the Holy Spirit

I faced a fear today and tried something new. In the midst of it, I was given a delicious vision.

I saw swatches of colorful fabric - frayed at the edges in the appealing, cared-for way of vintage. The swatches fluttered in like songbirds, delivering messages of hope & confirmation of beauty in this new, long-desired territory in my life. Like dreams, images flow in and out of my conscious, lucid mind with no demand for understanding or prerequisite of reason.

These images are a sacred passageway to my soul.

I believe that I'm called not to judge or dismiss these images, but to play with them, to giggle at their curious presence, and await clarity about their purpose & meaning. It can be quite fun sometimes in this head of mine.

I believe this curiosity is at the core of "Search me, O God, and know my heart" (Psalm 139). Sometimes the search reveals my gory, dark fears. Sometimes it reveals playfulness & light in the form of vintage fabric songbirds. It's often through the former that I arrive at the latter.

Regardless of how it plays out, the search always requires curiosity. To have playful, non-defensive curiosity about ourselves? In the face of our most raw fears? This is indeed a gift, and if you believe in the Holy Spirit, you will certainly know that She is the bearer of this gift. You will also know that She is as gentle & playful as she is strong and compelling. I'm enjoying getting to know these parts of Her as she takes me deeper into the search of my self. It is truly a gift on many levels.

What about you? What are your visions & dreams? Where are you curious & where are you not?

Comments

Popular Posts