sweet
Slowing
my mind and my body
is no small task
today.
It's hard to slow down when
there's an infinite to-do list
weighing on my every turn.
But actually, I know
the list and its urgency are
just a distraction.
The real reason it's hard to slow down
is because I'm anxious
& afraid of what I will feel
when my body is quiet
and I am alone.
I am afraid
of what I will see & feel.
I wrestle with myself on days like these,
struggling to be still
until my body
and eventually my mind
let go.
I just got there today,
and it's actually not that bad.
In fact, I found something
truly gentle & sweet.
my mind and my body
is no small task
today.
It's hard to slow down when
there's an infinite to-do list
weighing on my every turn.
But actually, I know
the list and its urgency are
just a distraction.
The real reason it's hard to slow down
is because I'm anxious
& afraid of what I will feel
when my body is quiet
and I am alone.
I am afraid
of what I will see & feel.
I wrestle with myself on days like these,
struggling to be still
until my body
and eventually my mind
let go.
I just got there today,
and it's actually not that bad.
In fact, I found something
truly gentle & sweet.
Comments
Post a Comment