nesting project mini-series: murals

We have a long hallway in our house. You have to walk through it to go to any of the bedrooms or the bathroom. I had a vision of transforming our hall into a forest a couple of years ago, and I'm still in love with that vision. The problem is that I lack the skill to paint a proper mural. With the help of some friends, I built my confidence enough to paint trees in the hall 2 years ago. I tried to paint birds too, but they were too big and not exactly what I was wanting.

When Joanna came into town, I solicited her help. I told her what I wanted, and she sketched various birds perching, flying, & fluttering about in trees of my hall. I swear you will hear fairies whisper in your ear if you move slowly enough through the hall. It's magical. (Again, I apologize for the poor indoor photo quality. The main thing is the color inaccuracy. The colors on my walls are not this puky!)
 


Since we were in the mural spirit, I told Joanna some ideas I had for a mural in my bedroom. She went to work on sketching that too, and then I had the pleasure of painting it. I'm so very happy about how this turned out.



 
At this rate, I may never leave my house again. It's becoming such a beautiful place to live, and I'm grateful for how this process is connecting me to various people in my life. I'll always think of Joanna & our special friendship when I look at the mural-soaked walls of my house. And I'll always remember the bonding time with Baine & getting to know our neighbors during the many hours we spent outside building our fence. Nesting projects are becoming a rich experience for me and one where I did not anticipate as much community & beauty as I have thus far. Love.

Comments

Popular Posts