to my love
we were going to make a plan.
we were going to face this battle together.
but in a matter of moments,
everything crumbled
and we sat in silence
as we faced gridlock again.
in contrast to our younger days,
we knew this moment
wouldn't end us.
we aren't as afraid as we used to be.
we've been here before.
and we've not only survived it
but grown stronger & closer through it.
and that makes all of it
worth it.
in the midst of it all,
to you, my love,
i want to say:
"however far away,
I will always love you.
however long I've stayed,
I will always love you.
whatever words I've said,
I will always love you.
I will always love."
we were going to face this battle together.
but in a matter of moments,
everything crumbled
and we sat in silence
as we faced gridlock again.
in contrast to our younger days,
we knew this moment
wouldn't end us.
we aren't as afraid as we used to be.
we've been here before.
and we've not only survived it
but grown stronger & closer through it.
and that makes all of it
worth it.
in the midst of it all,
to you, my love,
i want to say:
"however far away,
I will always love you.
however long I've stayed,
I will always love you.
whatever words I've said,
I will always love you.
I will always love."
Comments
Post a Comment