spring garden update
After riding out heavy nausea, body aches, and one really lovely bout of dry heaving in the last 24 hours, I peeled my gelatinous bones out of bed and into the yard for some therapeutic sunshine. It wasn't long until I was feeling better & grabbing my camera so I could show you all the old & new green treasures that are emerging in these warm, sunny days here. So, here's the spring garden tour:
Large bushels of rosemary & lavender line the side of the house by the veggie garden:
Baine made up an awesomely cheesy jingle called "makin' a house a home" that he sings periodically as we do various house & garden projects. It's funny & horrid, but there's a truth in the words that also comforts me. As I feel my hands in the dirt & spend hours pulling weeds out of my garden, I am discovering home more & more each day. It is a wonderful feeling, and I'm grateful each moment it's here.
Large bushels of rosemary & lavender line the side of the house by the veggie garden:
The first spring veggie garden sprouts are emerging. (For those who are interested, the list is lettuce, collard greens, swiss chard, arugula, radishes, beets, carrots, parsnips, leeks, potatoes, & the world's most prolific & resilient strawberries)
Snow & Snap Peas!
Heaven
Blueberries
Raspberries
Cherry Tree
2 Apple Trees
And 2 big, new, raised beds ready to be filled & planted with tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, herbs, and so many lovely things that will feed our bodies & souls.Baine made up an awesomely cheesy jingle called "makin' a house a home" that he sings periodically as we do various house & garden projects. It's funny & horrid, but there's a truth in the words that also comforts me. As I feel my hands in the dirt & spend hours pulling weeds out of my garden, I am discovering home more & more each day. It is a wonderful feeling, and I'm grateful each moment it's here.
Comments
Post a Comment