chicken guy

We have a chicken guy. We don't have chickens yet, but we have a chicken guy whose name is Eric. Just 2 blocks from our house, Eric has a yard full of chickens from tiny to grown, urban farm supplies, hand-made cedar coops & raised beds. Eric is awesome. He built 3 of our 6 raised beds, and our happiest veggies are growing in those beds.

He talks & plays quite easily with my friend's kids when we visit the baby chicks on our walks together. He doesn't seem to mind the high energy of toddlers & preschoolers. In fact, in his most recent blog post, he wrote, "The best part by far is watching the children who come in go bonkers when I raise the lids on the brooders so they can see the baby chicks inside. Love that!" Our chicken guy is awesome.

Today, I was browsing Eric's website. After a series of chicken videos, I found this rad video. It made me happy, so I thought I'd share it with you.

Oh, Seattle. We have a chicken guy who posts videos on his website of hipsters playing a kazoo in a van. It's absurd, and it's awesome. Love.

Comments

Popular Posts