marmot pass

I spent the last few days in the woods again on one of my favorite trails - Marmot Pass. I feel so blessed to live in such a beautiful place & to have the space to spend so much time in the woods this summer. This trip was particularly fun, because I got to take my friend Jamie on her first backpacking trip. I loved seeing the breathtaking beauty of the back-country through her eyes and to feel her power & independence grow as she learned some of how to survive in the woods. I'm so grateful for that experience and for Jamie trusting me to guide her through it. It was a precious few days together. She's already planning more excursions, and that is music to my ears.


Pumping water from the stream



My baby-love, so happy on the trail





Summit


Do you see the hikers?

The meadow we camped in just below the summit


A friend Jamie spotted across the meadow

Cooking dinner during sunset at the summit





Bittersweet packing up and heading home


Comments

  1. The mountains never made me cry before now. I didn't get eaten by a pack of wolves. I did it and feel so alive about it all. Yaaaay! See one. Do one. Teach one. Thank you sister friend. Your soul is as breath-taking as the mountains. Can't wait to show Ned what I'm made of!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts