wallace falls
Our day at Wallace Falls was peaceful, gorgeous, and a little challenging now that I'm carrying 10 lbs more weight & feeling my organs being squished a little. With such a cool, contemplative scene around me, I was able to let the competitive, cruel voices in my head fade into the background. Instead, I enjoyed a slower, gentle pace which allowed more space in my mind for Baby Bear and the quiet surroundings.
Of course, Baby Bear was a little hard to ignore as s/he is pretty vocal (i.e., verrrrry pushy) when feeling pressure from my movements - like climbing up hills on hikes. We do a little back and forth dance, and his/her response makes me laugh. The verdict is still out on whether s/he thinks the dance and the pushing are funny or quite serious. I'm curious to find out. Regardless, Wallace Falls gifted us a gorgeous, peaceful day together as a family. Gratitude is immense over here.
"Come forth into the light. Let nature be your teacher." -W. Wordsworth
(bump)
Comments
Post a Comment