31 weeks

In transition home from England, we fell behind on the belly pics. Here we are now at 31 weeks - stretching and stretching, growing and growing. From beginning to now:

               two weeks before conception                                                                   31 weeks pregnant

At our midwife appointment last week, Baby Bear was already head down and super low. My bladder wasn't the slightest bit surprised at this news. Honestly, I don't think this kid has ever ventured very high in my belly. I have no idea what that means (if anything), but I do believe s/he  will be eager to come into this world when the time comes. Meanwhile, s/he's still extremely active and getting strong enough to take my breath away with some of the stronger kicks. I'm having lots of braxton-hicks contractions and beginning to train my brain to flow with such things and not resist them. We've affectionately renamed the contractions "bear hugs," and I feel my body instantly relax and smile when I think of it that way.

I love this baby so much. I told someone recently I feel like I could lift an eighteen-wheeler over my head and throw it across the interstate if it meant protecting my baby. The bond between us in increasingly strong, and I'm grateful. 

Comments

Popular Posts