hoopin'
This guy (my brother) came into town for some pre-baby sibling bonding time. He tried to show me up (8 months pregnant & 30+ lbs bigger) on the b.ball court with his 3-point jump shot.
I still kicked my share of booty, despite my uber-pregger state & the fact that this low-riding baby has rendered my pelvis utterly unusable.
Can I tell you how weird it is to shoot with this kid in tow? Or even just dribble. The ball kept bouncing off the bottom of my belly instead of gliding gracefully back up onto my fingertips. Ridiculous.
Dribbling and pelvis challenges or not, follow through is a must... and apparently so is a sneak peak of Baby Bear.
We tried to level out the competition with this charade, but it's just not the same. It was entertaining though.
Playing with my brother was an awesome way to spend my time in these late pregger days. I had to swallow a ton of pride in not being about to run circles around him like I normally would. (No baby or pregnancy can put a damper on the the all-important trash talking.) But I still got to shoot and introduce Baby Bear to the wonderful world of basketball - not to mention his/her uncle who may or may not have some serious skills on the court.
Comments
Post a Comment