twin falls
After being awake at 4:30am with a thrashing, teething baby (molars might be the death of us), I was faced with two choices. Option one: Try to rest at home throughout the day but end up losing my mind, given that rest is not an option with a toddler - especially a teething one. Option two: Load the baby, snacks, and whatever miscellaneous gear I can find into the car, pretend we're not exhausted, and immerse ourselves in the forest. We went with option two, and while there some definite bumps along the way, I'm very glad we did.
We hiked four miles at Twin Falls and stopped a couple of times for snacks and to play beside Snoqualmie River. Naomi Bear has no fear. After a reasonable testing of the cold waters (literally) with her bare toes, she let go of my hand and attempted to wade straight into the river. Not yet baby girl! Not without Mama's help. Thank God we can laugh and play together even on some of the rough days.
Comments
Post a Comment