catching up
Before moving into the new year, I want to give a little update on our world with Naomi and share some photos from the last few months with her.
Our little (big) bear is currently 22.5 months old. Consistent with what we have known of her thus far, she remains highly motivated on all fronts, happy, vibrant, and a serious snuggle bear. I continue to breastfeed her and co-sleep, which is at the heart of our deep affection for one another. There is so much joy and depth there that I can hardly stand it most days. She also looooooves her Papa, and they share so many sweet hugs, kisses, and snuggle time together. When she's tired or extra snuggly, she sucks her middle two fingers (as she's done since birth) and uses the other hand to hold our ear or stroke our arm. So freaking sweet.
Meanwhile, Naomi is talking up a storm - often in complete sentences, with a growing proficiency in her use of pronouns. "I want that" is a definite favorite right now. As a way of practicing language, she usually narrates every single thing she's doing as she does it. This is both hilarious and tiresome.
I've been EC-ing her since 6 months old, and she uses the potty instead of her diaper eighty percent of the time, which is exciting. She's rocking some serious puzzle and lego skills. She loves to read - especially with Papa. And her imagination is growing at warp speed. She creates all manner of worlds and pretends objects and people are something other than what they are.
In true toddler form, she loves exploring the world independently - whether it's walking on her own at the grocery store or maneuvering new thresholds of the forest or playground. I find so much joy in watching her do that and love the trust she has in me to intervene or respond when she needs me. I like giving her space to discover her own limits and her own abilities. I think she's smarter/wiser about the bounds of her own body and mind because she knows I expect and trust her to take of herself (within reason, of course.) Babies and children are much more brilliant and capable than most of us give them credit, and we both find joy in the space she has to discover that about herself. She's already a strong, cable little being who is full of so much love and kindness. You know I could go on and on. My heart is bursting for her. But without further ado, a photo summary of the past few months with our little bear.
And to end it all, let's ring in the new year with some sweet shoulder dance moves.
Happy New Year! We are praying for peace, love, and light for you all.
Our little (big) bear is currently 22.5 months old. Consistent with what we have known of her thus far, she remains highly motivated on all fronts, happy, vibrant, and a serious snuggle bear. I continue to breastfeed her and co-sleep, which is at the heart of our deep affection for one another. There is so much joy and depth there that I can hardly stand it most days. She also looooooves her Papa, and they share so many sweet hugs, kisses, and snuggle time together. When she's tired or extra snuggly, she sucks her middle two fingers (as she's done since birth) and uses the other hand to hold our ear or stroke our arm. So freaking sweet.
Meanwhile, Naomi is talking up a storm - often in complete sentences, with a growing proficiency in her use of pronouns. "I want that" is a definite favorite right now. As a way of practicing language, she usually narrates every single thing she's doing as she does it. This is both hilarious and tiresome.
I've been EC-ing her since 6 months old, and she uses the potty instead of her diaper eighty percent of the time, which is exciting. She's rocking some serious puzzle and lego skills. She loves to read - especially with Papa. And her imagination is growing at warp speed. She creates all manner of worlds and pretends objects and people are something other than what they are.
In true toddler form, she loves exploring the world independently - whether it's walking on her own at the grocery store or maneuvering new thresholds of the forest or playground. I find so much joy in watching her do that and love the trust she has in me to intervene or respond when she needs me. I like giving her space to discover her own limits and her own abilities. I think she's smarter/wiser about the bounds of her own body and mind because she knows I expect and trust her to take of herself (within reason, of course.) Babies and children are much more brilliant and capable than most of us give them credit, and we both find joy in the space she has to discover that about herself. She's already a strong, cable little being who is full of so much love and kindness. You know I could go on and on. My heart is bursting for her. But without further ado, a photo summary of the past few months with our little bear.
Fall Exploration
Pumpkin Patch
Halloween - Garden Flower Gnome
Christmas & Family Visits
Ice Cream!
And to end it all, let's ring in the new year with some sweet shoulder dance moves.
Happy New Year! We are praying for peace, love, and light for you all.



Comments
Post a Comment