baby starling

Hello from a long silence. Among other usual life things that sometimes keep me away from this space (curse this long, dark, rainy winter), my recent absence is the source of news I want to share with you today. We are expecting another baby! I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant with baby "Starling."

It was another difficult process for us getting to this point, including the early loss of two beloved babies. As we grieve, we feel overwhelming joy for this new little one that is growing inside me now. "Starling" is a nickname that came to me in the middle of a weary, grief-ridden night before I was pregnant with this little one. On that night, I found comfort in the memory of this starling video - reminding me of the breathless beauty that exists even in the midst of darkness and helplessness. 

Alas, here I am... 15 weeks pregnant, sorely aching for our two passed babies, and full of hope for baby Starling. We are grateful for the time we have had with all four of our babies. Our hearts are broken, and our hearts are full. Without further ado, meet baby Starling with his/her mama and the most beautiful, loving big sister that every was. 


Naomi Bear can plant a kiss like no other creature on earth.
Hugging Baby Starling. She usually initiates this snuggle fest on her own - very excited about her new baby. She also likes to check the baby's "heartbeep" with a Doppler like our midwives do. And more often than not, she wants to "get baby Starling out and put 'her' in [her] own tummy."


Life as a family of four... Here we come!

Comments

Popular Posts