two
Dear Naomi Salome,
You turned two almost two months ago. Two! You are bursting with joy, energy, life, and such enthusiasm. You are a passionate, fervent being. I love you so much it hurts. I love watching you grow and learn new things. I love the way you are clear and firm in communicating what you want. And in the midst of that, you are also kind, deeply empathetic, and sometimes even patient. That is amazing for a wee babe of two! I love watching how kind you are to your friends and how you are so excited when you get to see them. You are, indeed, so excited about many things in life, and that is a beautiful thing.
I love the way you talk about your feelings. You're so brave as you learn to use your words when you feel big feelings. It's hard even for me to not just start screaming sometimes when I'm frustrated or angry or sad. But you're doing it, love. It's not easy (especially with this sometimes impatient mama of yours), but you're doing it! Even as I write this, I hear you talking to your Papa in the next room: "Papa, I'm so sad. I missed you from work today... Let's go dig in our hollow, Papa!"
You are amazing, little one, and you are such a joy to parent. In one year, you went from saying only a few words and barely walking to talking up a storm, bouldering rocky shorelines, and hiking through big forests. I'm so glad I get to be your mama. I can't wait for another year of hiking, exploring, learning, and growing together.
You turned two almost two months ago. Two! You are bursting with joy, energy, life, and such enthusiasm. You are a passionate, fervent being. I love you so much it hurts. I love watching you grow and learn new things. I love the way you are clear and firm in communicating what you want. And in the midst of that, you are also kind, deeply empathetic, and sometimes even patient. That is amazing for a wee babe of two! I love watching how kind you are to your friends and how you are so excited when you get to see them. You are, indeed, so excited about many things in life, and that is a beautiful thing.
I love the way you talk about your feelings. You're so brave as you learn to use your words when you feel big feelings. It's hard even for me to not just start screaming sometimes when I'm frustrated or angry or sad. But you're doing it, love. It's not easy (especially with this sometimes impatient mama of yours), but you're doing it! Even as I write this, I hear you talking to your Papa in the next room: "Papa, I'm so sad. I missed you from work today... Let's go dig in our hollow, Papa!"
You are amazing, little one, and you are such a joy to parent. In one year, you went from saying only a few words and barely walking to talking up a storm, bouldering rocky shorelines, and hiking through big forests. I'm so glad I get to be your mama. I can't wait for another year of hiking, exploring, learning, and growing together.
love,
Mama
Highlights of Naomi's Year from 1 to 2


Comments
Post a Comment