I've Decided
I have decided that this is going to be an amazing summer. If you know me, you know I don't just decide things like this. Even now, I'm laughing at the absurdity of this sentence as I write it. But I'm at a juncture existentially and with my beloved family that has led me to a new place. The bottom line is that life is trying its hardest to wear me down into a pit of fear and despair, primarily related to my babies living and deceased. At the same time, I find myself blessed with so much vibrant, gorgeous life within myself and in my little family. With that, I've decided... I'm diving into summer head first with every part of my heart and very alive self that I can muster. I'm not going to pretend that life is easy or that my heart isn't heavy with pain and fear. But I'm not going to let pain and fear define me or the short time I have to live on this earth.
One of many plans we've made to achieve a summer of bliss is to reserve one day each week for an outdoor family adventure. We're very lucky that Baine only has to work part-time in the summer, so this is possible. Granted, the complexities of going anywhere beyond the garden with two little beings make this a bit of a challenge. But it also makes it that much more meaningful and fun. We had a good start yesterday with a 5-mile hike at Wallace Falls. Fingers crossed for many more adventures throughout the summer.



Sprouting some huge chompers, like his sister.
Primary items on Naomi's list for her Summer of Bliss:
1. Eat Ice Cream.
2. Go swimming.
3. Go camping by a river.
4. Hike through the blackberry patch (by our house).
5. Go fishing with Papa.
6. "Papa & Jethro go somewhere else, while Mama & Naomi play at home."
One of many plans we've made to achieve a summer of bliss is to reserve one day each week for an outdoor family adventure. We're very lucky that Baine only has to work part-time in the summer, so this is possible. Granted, the complexities of going anywhere beyond the garden with two little beings make this a bit of a challenge. But it also makes it that much more meaningful and fun. We had a good start yesterday with a 5-mile hike at Wallace Falls. Fingers crossed for many more adventures throughout the summer.
Sprouting some huge chompers, like his sister.
Primary items on Naomi's list for her Summer of Bliss:
1. Eat Ice Cream.
2. Go swimming.
3. Go camping by a river.
4. Hike through the blackberry patch (by our house).
5. Go fishing with Papa.
6. "Papa & Jethro go somewhere else, while Mama & Naomi play at home."
Comments
Post a Comment