struggling
It is January. The constant drip and pour of rain from oppressive layers of heavy clouds threatens my sanity on all fronts. I feel like I live in Mordor. Meanwhile, the children and I have been sick with fever and aches for over a week, leading to two doctor's appointments and a stressful. late-night visit to Urgent Care. It's been a hard week. Actually, a hard month. Actually, a hard year. Sigh.
I bought some plants yesterday to brighten our home and remind me that I don't actually live in Mordor. I loaded the screaming children into the car and lost my temper at least twice in the process of stuffing their writhing bodies into clothes, boots, and hats. We sopped and slopped our way to the garden store and listened to my worn wipers screech across the windshield as though they're as weary as I am of winter doldrums.
I reached for a CD. Driving through cold, heavy rain, I played "White Sandy Beach of Hawaii" and dreamed of our trip last spring and another one coming in March! I'm trying to dig deep over here, but it doesn't always work. I'm not sure how many more dreary winters I can endure. For now anyway, I'm just going to keep dreaming of how good it's going to feel to leave our boots at home, and hop on a plane to Hawaii in less than two months. Cannot wait.
I bought some plants yesterday to brighten our home and remind me that I don't actually live in Mordor. I loaded the screaming children into the car and lost my temper at least twice in the process of stuffing their writhing bodies into clothes, boots, and hats. We sopped and slopped our way to the garden store and listened to my worn wipers screech across the windshield as though they're as weary as I am of winter doldrums.
I reached for a CD. Driving through cold, heavy rain, I played "White Sandy Beach of Hawaii" and dreamed of our trip last spring and another one coming in March! I'm trying to dig deep over here, but it doesn't always work. I'm not sure how many more dreary winters I can endure. For now anyway, I'm just going to keep dreaming of how good it's going to feel to leave our boots at home, and hop on a plane to Hawaii in less than two months. Cannot wait.
Comments
Post a Comment